The most powerful of the Vantage lineup gets a special edition in time for the fiftieth birthday of the iconic DB4GT Zagato of 1963.
- Based on the V8 Vantage, but with a V12 under the hood
- Aluminum and carbon fiber used throughout, as in the One-77
- 150 total V12 Zagatos will be built
This is the fastest production Ferrari ever built, which is saying something. This monster's got a V12 under the hood and a name so bold it doesn't even need spaces.
- The 6.3-liter V12 is naturally aspirated -- no turbos or superchargers
- 0-62 mph in about 3 seconds
- Low center of gravity and Ferrari's "Aero Bridge" keep the car stuck to the pavement at speed
Mercedes-Benz has been building the SL for 60 years, so to celebrate, the roadster gets an update for it's anniversary in 2013.
- 275 pounds less than its predecessor
- Magic Sky roof can be opaque or transparent
- Relatively affordable at a bit over $100k
Porsche built the first hybrid at the beginning of the twentieth century, so it seems sensible to pick up that thread a hundred years later. Though to build a plug-in hybrid supercar probably isn't so sensible.
- 4-liter V8 engine and two electric motors make 700+ hp
- 80 mpg and 200 mph are both impressive numbers to post
- Design cues from the famed 917 race car
The American Supercar Formerly Known as the Dodge Viper is back from the dead with a kind of new name, with a little help from new parent company Fiat.
- The 640-hp V10 will still be under the very long hood
- Fiat seems to have kept its mitts off the design, which is an update of the old one
- Price will start under six figures -- just -- at $95,000