Pixar's Cars 2 (2011) has more than 1000 new characters -- which is far to many for a mere human to keep track of. Luckily for exotic car buffs, this second Cars picture is set in Europe, so there's a handful of characters based on real-life exotic cars, including at least one familiar face.
All photos courtesy of Disney/Pixar.
- Not just any old E-Type, but specifically a 1963 Jaguar Coombs Lightweight E-Type, this
- Voiced by David Hobbs, a former racer and current commentator for SPEED
- Based on a 1964 Aston Martin DB5 -- James Bond's first Aston
- voiced by one of the coolest British actors, Michael Caine (Sean Connery wasn't available?)
- Bond-worth gadgets include front and rear grappling hooks, in-headlight spy camera and missle launcher, and a "holographic disguise emitter"
- Based loosely on an Jaguar XJR-15 supercar, which looks quite a bit like the XJ220
- Voiced by British actress Emily Mortimer
- Her first name is a reference to Holley Performance Products, makers of world-famous carbs
- It's a McLaren MP4-12C -- the first most of us will see
- It's voiced by, um, Lewis Hamilton, the Formula 1 driver
- Hamilton picked the color scheme for his character
- Aston Martin DBR9, the race-ready version of the Aston Martin DB9
- No official word on who does his voice; maybe he doesn't speak, he just wins races
- A modern Bentley Continental for a modern prince
- No voice named yet -- could the U.K.'s Prince William have done a little Pixar side project?